Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bloodbank@HSA


I have donated blood a few times from 1991 till now.
Mostly of the time, I went to National Blood Centre (NBC) at Outram Park. The blood Centre opened in 1988.
Sometimes, I travelled to NUH (National University Hospital)

On 1 April 2001, when the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) was established, the Singapore Blood Transfusion Service was renamed as what we know today as the Centre for Transfusion Medicine, one of the 8 professional centres of HSA.

Now the centre is now known as the Bloodbank@HSA.

Over the years, I have changes in the nursing Service Officers or assistant Nurses.(they have changed the name of staff nurse to nursing service officer,that's something new)

From the old type of white uniform to presently yellow top with dark blue skirt, they have come a long way.

Also, the nationality of nurses change as well. From Malaysian or Singaporean to Myanmar and back to Singaporeans.

Well, life still goes on as usual.

5 comments:

Mockingbird said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mockingbird said...

Thank you for saving lives by donating blood :) I myself had been permanently deferred from donating blood because of my Glucose 6 permanent deficiency condition. Ironically, my reservist is in the army's Blood Supply Unit. And for every ICT, i have to go to Bloodbank@HSA to man the registration counter to key in particulars of blood donors ;p

sOnG said...

same conditions my brother had. actually one bag can donate to three person..cheers!

The Bimbo said...

I'm so glad to hear of someone who's donating. I tried to drag my frens there with me but they wouldn't go... and in the end I can't donate due to low blood pressure... UGH

sOnG said...

then you need to take more iron tablets and drank more milo..it helps..cheer