Saturday, March 30, 2019

Neighbor from Hell



My parents dealt with someone like this. She's basically a professional scam artist that tries to mess with people until she can "catch them" and sue them over something. She's bulled everyone around her. My dad's a big guy, and neighbor lady is a tiny woman. So, she tries to do stuff to incite him to go over and confront her so she can call the cops and put on the "I'm a helpless little woman that this massive guy is threatening" routine. Problem is, my dad doesn't play that game. He just ignores her. When you ignore someone wanting attention, they do more and more things to get attention. That's when you make sure you have a video camera all the time. She used to stand out and stare at him while he was mowing, looking like a rape victim that had just seen her former rapist. Then she would run to their car and bang on it while they were leaving the driveway. My dad would work on the house and she'd call up the city to come over and inspect him to see if he was doing things without a permit. Just all-around asshole stuff. The only way this all stopped (because my dad didn't really care about her or her antics) was that she's middle aged and my parents are now elderly. The cops had kept records over the years of every incident they'd been over there for, and it was always her calling to try to get my dad in trouble for something stupid. So, they knew she was nutso. But, my parents are elderly now. My dad has a full head of white hair and is starting to look stooped over. My mom is wheel-chair bound after a stroke. A cop finally said to the neighbor lady, "if I have to come over here one more time about you harassing this elderly man that's taking care of his wheel-chair bound wife, I'm going to haul you to jail, and we're going to have a state psychiatrist deem you mentally insane in order to put you away for good." Things stopped after that. Too bad it took like 20 years.