Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mr Irrelevant





SENIOR Minister Goh Chok Tong last night called on Singaporeans to spin their own Singapore Dream and live it, rather than focus on what he termed the Singapore Gripe.

While gripes about current concerns such as floods, high home prices, crowded trains and distance-based bus fares were understandable, he urged people to not lose sight of the many more things which are going well for Singapore."
- Straits Times, 8 Aug 2010

Woody is no longer relevant because he is even worse than the Master he serves.

You know what, Singaporeans do learn from experience and you can fool them once but not twice.
Woody never learn from the lesson he got in the last GE when LTK won despite the goodies promised by Woody. He still thinks Singaporeans likes him. His promises were all blowing in the wind and what many policies he made, example, increasing the salaries of the ministers, are hurting the local citizens today.

The intakes of FTs and scholarships given to FTs all started during his watch.

Now he is spewing the 5Cs because that is all he knows, materialism, the alpha and the omega he lives by. This man has peanuts in his brains and totally out of touch with the aspirations of Singaporeans. He promised but cannot deliver because he does not know how. Let me get a quote from a comment made in another blog from Sir David Marshall in 1994:

"I've got nothing against money. I'd like to have money myself! I'd like to have a house and a garden and dogs and a car and a chauffeur but, look, I've got a flat. I've got a swimming pool attached to the flat. I've not even got a car but I use taxis. I have a dignified way of life without being wealthy.

I don't see the necessity of owning a Mercedes-Benz and a swimming pool and a couple of mistresses. I think we've got our values all wrong.

You know $96,000 a month for a Prime Minister and $60,000 a month for a minister.
What the hell do you do with all that money? You can't eat it! What do you do with it? Your children don't need all that money.

My children have had the best of education. In fact, I'm very proud of them. One of them is a senior registrar to two major hospitals in Oxford.
Another of them is a consultant in European law to the Securities and Investment Board in the United Kingdom. They've had their education. There are no complaints.

I never earned $60,000 a month or $90,000 a month. When I was Chief Minister, I earned $8,000 a month.
Look, what is happening today is we are encouraged to and are becoming worshippers of the Golden Calf.

We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding of the joy of the miracle of the living the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people.

We have become good bourgeois seeking comfort,peace and security.

It's like seeking a crystal coffin and being fed by intravenous injections through pipes in the crystal coffin; crystal coffins stuck with certificates of your pragmatic abilities."

This is a man, a leader, we can respect.

No comments: