Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am Singaporean


A real story.
I am 55 years old man.
I have a job until I came down with illness 5 years ago. it was kidney failure.
I spent a lot of money including my CPF and saving until I was finally recovered.

Now I have to find a job as my son was still studying in Polytechnics. Next year he will be enlisted as national servicemen. My wife worked as a cleaner, earning $700 per month.

Having passed the fork-lift course, I have successfully found one company who was willingly to employ an old man.

That was two months ago, when one day a young chap from China took my job away because he asked for S$800. I was paid S$1,100 and I was slow in my work.

I was told that I did not have to come the next day.

And someone said that we welcome the foreign talents so that they could take away our jobs. That would enable us to retire early without any money.


I searched for another similiar job. I was once willing to lower to S$800 when the company asked for S$900-S$1,000. They asked my age and I told them i was 50.

They said,"Don't come."

So, here I am, I am 55 years old Singaporean who was jobless.

a real story told by one of my friends who are taking a course.

2 comments:

How can I understand it? said...

what a sad story:(...

Mockingbird said...

Very sad indeed :(